WORK AT RAD!
Rights & Democracy is a member-led, people’s organization in Vermont and New Hampshire. Our mission is to shift the political landscape through electoral and community organizing to ensure that the values and needs of our communities guide the policies of our government. We are doing this by building a popular movement to advance human rights, dismantle economic inequality, racism, and sexism, and to build a real democracy. Here are our current job openings:
NH Field Canvasser (Rochester)
Rights & Democracy (RAD) is a member-led, people’s organization in New Hampshire and Vermont. Our mission is to shift the political landscape through electoral and community organizing to ensure that the values and needs of our communities guide the policies of our government. We are doing this by building a popular movement to advance human rights, dismantle economic inequality, racism, and sexism, and build a real democracy.
Rights & Democracy is hiring one Field Canvasser. This is a temporary project position, running now through July 26th, 2022, based in Rochester, NH. The position may be extended if funding is available.
We will canvass on a regular schedule. You are required to have access to transportation in order to reach canvass turf, such as a personal vehicle. We will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 and make adjustments accordingly to protect employee and public safety.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings with RAD as well as our national partners via zoom (sometimes phone)
- Engage with Rights & Democracy as a whole organization, learning its organizing model and history
- Canvassing residents (i.e., door knocking) in Rochester, New Hampshire
- Establishing real, human connections with the people you are working with as well as the people you are canvassing
- Traditional canvassing experience can be helpful, but not required
- People with no canvassing experience will not be disqualified.
- Experience with VAN (Votebuilder, EveryAction, MiniVAN) is a plus!
- Preferred experience with Google suite (docs, sheets, gmail, calendar, etc.)
- Preferred experience with Zoom
- Reliable transportation is required
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of Rights & Democracy is required
This position is paid hourly and includes a generous paid time off policy. Reimbursement is provided for mileage traveled on behalf of the organization. The canvasser is expected to work 33 hours at 20$/hour. This is a Union position.
To Apply: send a resume and 2-3 references to Dögg Hugosdóttir (Field Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
RAD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Rights & Democracy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to equity and inclusion. Core to our work is an understanding of the multiple and intersecting ways in which society is constructed to disadvantage and marginalize people of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants, indigenous peoples, women, low-income people, people with disabilities, previously incarcerated people, and others. We believe that underrepresented and marginalized communities must be centered in the work that we do and we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or from these communities.
Rights & Democracy does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, gender identity, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.
We believe rights and democracy are won when people come together to make their voice heard. Join Rights & Democracy a become a part of making positive change in our community!