WORK AT RAD
Rights & Democracy is a member-led, people's organization in Vermont and New Hampshire. Our mission is to shift the political landscape through electoral and community organizing to ensure that the values and needs of our communities guide the policies of our government. We are doing this by building a popular movement to advance human rights, dismantle economic inequality, racism, and sexism, and to build a real democracy.
Location: New Hampshire
Rights & Democracy is hiring Field Organizers in New Hampshire, which are project positions. Field Organizers are on the front lines of our communities, speaking to community members about how they feel about our political and economic system and its connection to the air they breathe, the water they drink, and the support they receive in emergencies.
The Field Organizers are responsible for the following:
- Conducting regional outreach (door-to-door, event and/or street canvassing) across multiple issue campaigns and referring “hot leads” to Regional Grassroots Organizer or Organizing Director.
- Communicating with people about key issues facing their communities (ex., public education funding, health care, wages, water issues).
- Maintaining a professional, positive, and healthy rapport during all public interactions, inviting people to share their stories and perspectives more deeply and offering them a clear analysis on the importance of collective action.
- Accurately recording the results of every interaction in our tracking database and reporting daily numbers.
- Helping to maintain a healthy and positive work environment.
- Participating in fundraising efforts, supported by the Organizing Director or Field Coordinator.
Experience: Though not required, previous canvassing, public outreach or political/campaign experience is a plus, and will be given special consideration.
Skills: Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills preferred. Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines. Proficiency with basic computer and smartphone applications, including Google Suite. Experience using relational databases preferred.
Qualities: Strong work ethic; desire to learn about progressive politics and social issues; self reflection – desire to improve your skills and a willingness to reflect on your own experiences and your stake in this work; adapt to a flexible schedule; able to learn how to efficiently enter data into an online database. Rights & Democracy is an open and affirming organization, committed to personal transformation and social change. Field Organizers are expected to maintain positive, inclusive, and open-minded attitudes, and to communicate about any support they may need in their work plan.
Other Requirements: Must have regular access to a car. Ability to travel locally and within the state and accommodate a work schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
Starting pay for field organizers is $20 an hour plus benefits. Pay period is bi-weekly. Employees will accrue two hours of sick leave for every 40 hours worked and be eligible for health insurance and other benefits.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 professional references to James Haslam at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe rights and democracy are won when people come together to make their voice heard. Join Rights & Democracy a become a part of making positive change in our community!
Rights & Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. Rights & Democracy does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, gender identity, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.