WORK AT RAD!
Rights & Democracy (RAD) is a member-led, people’s organization in Vermont and New Hampshire. Our mission is to shift the political landscape through electoral and community organizing to ensure that the values and needs of our communities guide the policies of our government. We are doing this by building a popular movement to advance human rights, dismantle economic inequality, racism, and sexism, and to build multiracial democracy where everyone can thrive. RAD is a rapidly expanding and dynamic organization, focused on building a people’s movement to win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
Rights & Democracy is hiring Field Organizers. This is a temporary project position, starting now through the end of 2022. The position may be extended if funding is available.
This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about social justice and is looking for fulfilling and meaningful work that can make a difference. You will be at the forefront of our campaigns speaking to people around New Hampshire about important issues and drawing people into our movement. We have a wide variety of projects that we work on together, which includes but is not limited to phone banking, canvassing, volunteer recruitment, membership drive, organizing, table at events, and deep canvassing.
- Participate in field staff meetings and training with RAD as well as our national partners.
- Desire to improve your skills and a willingness to reflect on your own experiences and your stake in this work.
- Work on a variety of campaigns.
- Accurately recording the results of every interaction in our tracking database and reporting daily numbers.
- Helping to maintain a healthy and positive work environment.
- Reliable transportation is required. You need to have access to transportation in order to reach canvass turf, such as a personal vehicle. We will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 and make adjustments accordingly to protect employee and public safety.
- Basic technical literacy such as being able to use google suite (docs, sheets, Gmail, calendar, etc) and zoom as well as being able to learn how to efficiently enter data into an online database and use other software we use in our work.
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of Rights & Democracy is required.
- Adapt to a flexible work schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
- Previous canvassing, public outreach, or political/campaign experience and experience with VAN (VoteBuilder, EveryAction, MiniVan) is a plus and will be given special consideration.
- Rights & Democracy is an open and affirming organization, committed to personal transformation and social change. The Field Team is expected to maintain positive, inclusive, and open-minded attitudes.
This position is paid hourly and includes a generous paid time off policy. Reimbursement for mileage traveled on behalf of the organization is provided. This is a full-time 40 hours/week position at $22/hour. Full-time positions are eligible for benefits after 3 months of work, in line with our temporary staff benefits policy. This is a Union position.
If you are interested in this position please send a resume and 2-3 references to Dögg Hugosdóttir (Field Manager, she/her) email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, preferences will be given to applications received on or before September 21st, 2022.
Rights & Democracy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to equity and inclusion. Core to our work is an understanding of the multiple and intersecting ways in which society is constructed to disadvantage and marginalize people of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants, indigenous peoples, women, low-income people, people with disabilities, previously incarcerated people, and others. We believe that underrepresented and marginalized communities must be centered in the work that we do and we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or from these communities.
RAD is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As a part of our commitment to equity, RAD will ensure that persons with disabilities disclosed or undisclosed are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed or desired to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Kirthana Vallesi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe rights and democracy are won when people come together to make their voice heard. Join Rights & Democracy a become a part of making positive change in our community!