Job Description: Public Engagement Coordinator (NH Based)
Rights & Democracy is grassroots organization in Vermont and New Hampshire dedicated to organizing everyday people to make their voices heard and win real change for their communities.
The Public Engagement Coordinator for Rights & Democracy (RAD) is a full-time position based in New Hampshire that works closely with our Communications Director and New Hampshire team on earned media, social media, and digital outreach and event coordination on a wide range of grassroots initiatives.
The Public Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Drafting and sending e-communications to supporters and members and using social media to distribute information regarding RAD activities and campaigns;
- Advancing membership recruitment and issue campaigns for economic, social, and environmental justice using digital organizing tools;
- Working with Communications Director and RAD organizers to conduct opinion research of the public and members;
- Helping to develop and drive strategy to establish the organization’s traditional, social, and new media presence; and,
- Media relations and outreach to news outlets to garner earned media opportunities to advance RAD’s campaigns.
We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and have impeccable writing and project management skills. You should have:
- 1+ years of work experience in social media engagement, online organizing and media relations. Background in political, labor and/or community organizing preferred.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to supervise volunteers;
- Being tech savvy to help provide basic tech support to the RAD staff team;
- Strong writing skills; and,
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
RAD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to james @ radvt.org