Rights & Democracy’s NH Organizing Director is a position based out of New Hampshire and is responsible for working with the Executive Director, NH State Director and New Hampshire’s organizing team to carry out issue campaigns and build the organization.
- Work with Executive Director, NH State Director and New Hampshire’s organizing team to develop comprehensive organizing program for developing dues paying membership with a leadership ladder based on vision set for by the RAD Board.
- Train and supervise New Hampshire’s organizing staff.
- Develop and execute statewide member recruitment and leadership development plans.
- Work with RAD organizing staff and campaign teams to develop escalating grassroots campaigns to win issue fights.
- Establish strong strategic partnerships with labor and community-based organizations and allies for movement building.
- Working with our communications team, develop strong membership communications to engage in issue fights, advance our mission and build a democratic base.
- Meet daily reporting and data entry deadlines, as well as hold New Hampshire’s organizing team accountable to their own reporting deadlines.
- Work with state based staff members to organize NH’s statewide Leadership Committee.
Experience and capacities needed:
- Political campaign experience in support of an issue, initiative, or candidate campaign.
- Experience using NGP VAN/VoteBuilder.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Goal-orientation and willingness to hold self and our organizing team accountable to workplan goals.
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with coalitions and the staff and leadership of allied organizations.
- Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to change.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis.
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others.
- Candidates for this position should have three or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Regular access to a car is required for this position. Mileage is reimbursed.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
RAD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.