Job Description: Development Director (Full or Half-time)
Overview: The Development Director is a senior level position that reports to the Rights & Democracy Executive Director. The position is charged with developing and managing our VT and NH development plans, along with working with our staff team to build new strategic initiatives such as progressive donor alliances and potential candidate training collaboratives. The Director is a bistate (Vermont and New Hampshire) position that coordinates the development staff team, and serves as a senior staff member for overall work plan development.
Leads Development Team:
- Works with the Executive Director and NH State Director to build annual Fundraising Plan, including prospect pipelines, donor activity trackers and solicitation schedules and provides frequent activity reports;
- Works closely with the Executive Director to plan and execute multiple major donor campaigns each year;
- Explores building a progressive donor alliance in Vermont;
- Works with staff to track and send pledge reminders and invoices to donors;
Answers donor inquiries as needed and appropriate.
Data Entry and Information Tracking
- Enters appropriate information into the Nation Builder database in a consistent and timely manner;
- Provides a variety of donor activity and financial reports to the Executive Director,
- Verifies contacts’ names, titles, addresses and phone numbers, and updates information in database and other files.
Campaign specific Major Donor Recruitment
- Develops and assists implementation of campaign specific major donor plan with Executive Director and NH State Director.
Experience and capacities needed:
- Track record of successfully raising money from institutions and individuals, preferably in Vermont and / or New Hampshire.
- 2-3 years of political campaign and organizing experience in support of an issue, initiative, or candidate campaign preferred.
- Goal-orientation and willingness to hold self accountable
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive innovation
RAD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to james @ radvt.org